Monday 16 April 2018

Of Me : Not a Book Review.

I haven't been reading Malay novels for a long while. Really long. The last thing I bought was Tuan Anas Mikael because I was hooked by Aaron Aziz the drama adaptation, and that was what, three years ago? While I'm more into Harry Potter, LOTR, Twilight, Sherlock Holmes, stories with witches and wizards and elf and vampires and werewolf and investigation stuff like that #suchnerd , some days I just want to read without the 'pressure", I'll opt for good Malay novels.

And this novel that I'm going to write about, is written by the same author. One of the few Malay novel writers that I actually like. Because let's face it, unlike the variety of story lines from English novels even the chick lits, you can usually predict what will happen in Malay novels. But there are good writers too; my favourite is Hlovate - I have all his/her novels!



And the only reason I bought this (all the way from Malaysia, thank you Kak Noreen 💓) is because I watched the first two episodes of the drama and I was curious about the story line. And since I know that the novel is written by this author, I wanted to give it a try.

And so the book arrived here two days ago. Saturday night.

And I spent my entire Sunday reading it. In between cooking, feeding the kids, feeding the husband, doing laundry.

And I finished it before Maghrib.

And it has 900 plus pages.

"Seriously you have finished reading it? Were you actually reading or you just jumped to the ending?" My husband was surprised. But because he hasn't seen me too engrossed in a book in a long while (and he knows he's married to a book junkie, every time we dated, a visit to the book store is a must), he let me read the whole day and tended to the kids' needs (except for food lah, he couldn't even feed himself). The last time he saw me reading religiously was when he bought me the whole Shopaholic Series back when we first got married, before Amsyar. And when motherhood came, that's when I stopped my bedtime reading, because my eyes were practically sewn shut the moment my head reached the pillow. Penat!

I am a fast reader. I finished The Deathly Hallows in two days. And no, this book, you cannot jump to the ending. You'll miss a lot of plots.

And the only thing I can say about this book, it's worth the RM27 I paid.

If you're into light reading and just don't feel like reading Sophie Kinsella or Meg Cabot, you can try this one.

That's all I can say.

And now I wish someone is coming to visit so I can kirim more books.

When I don't have time to read, I have the books. When I have a lot of time in my hands, the books are all hard to access. The irony.


P/s: I'm also currently binge watching The Big Bang Theory.




No comments:

Post a Comment